image

Friday 10 June 2016

'I am not overwhelm Running three ministeries ' - Fashola


Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, says he is not overwhelmed heading three very important ministries in Nigeria. Speaking at the inaugural Buharimeter Town Hall meeting in Abuja yesterday June 9th, Fashola said his experience as a former governor is helping in his management of the three ministries. According to him, he is still getting familiar with the workforce in the various ministries;


"In terms of the size of my ministry, I don’t think it is bigger than the ministries that I have superintended before. I am very grounded on that level. There are almost 30 ministries in Lagos and about 57 parastatals, and I was involved on a day-to-day basis. What is different this time is that I am working with a team that I have just met, so it is taking time to understand everybody. We are having regular meetings. I need to know everybody on beat by name and by face. It’s like playing football, and you don’t know your teammate and you want him to pass, you’ll say ‘O boy pass’, but after a while you know each other by name and you will bond better. Also, knowing the assets I am managing, visiting the sites, the power plants, touring the roads by driving rather than flying, and that’s taking some time. I have seen all of it on paper and I don’t think that it is something that has overwhelmed me. I have a minister of state who is assisting me. I have a permanent secretary in charge of power, and I have a permanent secretary who is overseeing works and housing because we are in the same place, and I have very, very competent staff.”he said

No comments:

Post a Comment