image

Friday 5 December 2014

World's Fattest Man Keith Martin Dead

The fattest man in the world, Keith Martin, weighing 70 stone (about 445 kg) at his heaviest, died. According to The Mirror, it was learnt today, December 5, while he passed in March. The man died at 44 after a long-lasting battle against his obesity. And it comes 8 months after he underwent a successful stomach reduction surgery.



 The Brit’s surgeon disclosed that a substantial amount of his weight was as a result of him eating junk food.
He consumed about 20,000 calories daily, having six-egg fry-ups for breakfast then pizzas, kebabs, Chinese takeaways and McDonalds food for lunch and dinner, all crowned with six pints of coffee and two litres of fizzy drinks.
READ ALSO: Former World Fattest Man Who Weighed Almost 600 Kg Dies
Apart from that, unhealthy snacks like crisps, chocolate and biscuits were involved.


The man’s surgeon Kesava Mannur used to explain that Keith’s eating behaviour was connected with serious emotional problems and food became associated with comfort.
The doctor turned however to the government urging the authorities to take measures in relation to fast food “attractiveness”.
The government needs to make unhealthy fast food more expensive. Otherwise we’ll continue to see more and more people like Keith. In the past few years I have treated several people who weighed between 45-60 stone. In Keith’s case, it’s a shame because he’d had successful surgery despite being high-risk because of his size. It was unlucky he then caught pneumonia.” READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/337467-worlds-fattest-man-keith-martin-dead.html
 

When still alive, Keith expressed hope he would recover soon. He did not try to find an excuse for his condition.
“I’m a lot more confident than I used to be. I feel a lot happier. In a few months’ time I want to be up and walking. I know the only person to blame is me. All those years wasted. I’m not going to waste anymore of it. “
READ ALSO: World’s FATTEST Woman Loses 272kg: You Won’t Believe How She Looks Now
He had been bedridden for several years but managed to lose 25 st (about 160 kg) for the surgery. Despite having had a successful operation, Keith never made it to his 45 and his family still mourns.
It was reported that Keith started eating a lot after his had mother died (also of pneumonia).
“I started eating to ease the pain and before I knew it, I was binging every time something upset me. I’ve always been depressed. I am an agoraphobic – I’m afraid of public places – but it was never treated. I just want to be happy, without needing food to make me happy.”
R.I.P.,  Keith Martin.
May you find happiness in the House of God.
Meanwhile life threatening obesity is the phenomenon that affects not only adults but also children.
One of such cases was recorded in Colombia where an 8-month-old baby weighed as a 6-year-old child. His mother turned to the health workers begging for help, as she realized that her baby’s condition was jeopardizing his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment