image

Monday 4 July 2016

Bringing Messi to Etihad is impossible- New Man City coach Pep Guardiola says


Pep Guardiola has ruled out Manchester City signing Barcelona star Lionel Messi during his tenure at the club. The former Barcelona and FC Bayern manager was officially unveiled as City’s new manager on Sunday, with around 6000 fans turning up to welcome him.
And it didn’t take long for one of the crowd to ask if Messi would be joining Guardiola at the Etihad.
"He is not a bad player, this guy! But I’m sorry Messi has to stay in Barcelona for the rest of his career.” Guardiola stated during his unveiling. He also promised to do his best at Man City.
"I proved myself in Barcelona and, after I proved myself in Germany, I wanted to prove myself in England," Guardiola, who won 21 trophies during his time at Barcelona and Bayern, said.
"The players are coming to try every game, every weekend, so that the Manchester City people can be proud, and we will see what is our level to achieve our battles.
"I want the people who enjoy football to be proud of what we did. After that, maybe we will win our titles. I cannot do that alone. I need the players, the staff; we need our fans -- without that, it is impossible."

No comments:

Post a Comment