image

Friday 27 May 2016

herdsmen killing in Agatu will never happen again- IGP Solomon Arase says


The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, has vowed that there will never be a repeat of the massacre created by Herdsmen in Agatu, Benue state in March where over 100 persons were killed.

Arase who made the vow while answering questions from House of Representatives members during a public hearing on the “influx of herdsmen to Benue State and the clashes among Tiv, Agatu communities and Fulani herdsmen” yesterday May 26th, stated that he has taken a vow never to allow any group of persons overrun the country or illegally occupy any part of it under his watch as Police chief


“I have taken an oath to effectively police and protect every security space in Nigeria and I will continue to do that within the ambit of the law and to the best of my ability and that of my officers and men. And I make bold to say that the Nigerian state cannot be overrun by hoodlums; I can assure you.”he said

No comments:

Post a Comment