image

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Corruption: 'I will not demand an apology from anybody' - Buhari


Speaking at the Commonwealth Tackling Corruption Together Conference in the UK this morning, President Buhari said he will not be demanding an apology from the UK Prime Minister over his comment about Nigeria being one of the most corrupt countries in the world. He said instead he will be demanding for the return of stolen Nigerian assets stashed in UK.

"I am not going to demand any apology from the Prime Minister or anybody. What I am demanding is the return of our assets. I have already mentioned how Britain is revered and how disgraceful one of the Nigerian elects is...He had to dress like a woman to leave britain and leave behind his bank account and fixed assets which britain is prepared to hand over to us. This is what I am asking for. What will I do with apologies. I need something tangible(money)"he said

No comments:

Post a Comment