image

Monday 7 December 2015

Why I was not appointed a minister by Buhari- Falana

Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana says he was not appointed as Minister in the Buhari-led govt because of some "ideological reason" He said this in an interview with The Interviewer magazine



“I was actually contacted. I was actually invited to come on board. It took me appreciable time to make up my mind. Along the way, I was made to understand there were people who were opposed to my appointment for ideological reasons. For me, it would have been a call to service, not to make money.

Those who believed that I should mobilize people to put in a word for me, or wanted me to speak to somebody I fought on principle several years ago were, of course, disappointed. This guy actually headed one of the universities at a time students were killed. I had to support the students’ cause at that time. You don’t then expect me to go to him and swallow my vomit. This is what I mean by the ideological price."he said

No comments:

Post a Comment