image

Monday 23 November 2015

8 thugs arrested by lagos state police for killing a man in Lagos

The Lagos State police command arrested eight men over the weekend for allegedly murdering one Akeem Ajanaku who was attacked at Enu-Owa/Ido Olowu area of Lagos Island.
The suspects, Animashaun Akeem, Qudus Atakoro, Abduramon Onisemo, Muritala Oyejobi, Tabiu Mujib, Iyaniwura Idris, Tayo Oladimeji, and Segun Adeyemi, were arrested by the police at the scene of the murder, unfortunately, others escaped.

It was gathered that on November, 15, 2015, at about 1pm, thugs armed with cutlasses, axes, guns and other dangerous weapons attacked Akeem Ajanaku at Ido-Olowa/Enu-owa 
According to  Supol Segun Adebayo, who reported the case at the Adeniji-Adele Central Police Station, Akeem Ajanaku, was rushed to the Lagos Island General Hospital by the police and other sympathizers; where he died.

Tayo Oladimeji, who was supposedly one of the suspects denied being involved. He said:

“I was at home sleeping on a Saturday morning when I heard my mum’s voice asking if I wont go to work.  Reluctantly, I got up from my bed and headed towards the bathroom to take my bath when I was arrested.’’
“I don’t know anything. I was in my shop that Monday when policemen came to arrest me, saying I was involved in last Sunday’s fracas on Lagos Island.   The only encounter that I had was when some unknown guys came to me at Oduduwa bus stop  and collected my wristwatch.
‘’Immediately I was arrested, I called my parents but  I couldn’t reach them and then police also seized my phone and brought me here (Lagos command)this morning. While I was in the police custody, I was told that Major and Paulo called my mobile phone. I don’t know the reason they  were calling me.”
The case has since been transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Lagos State Police Command, for further investigation.



Source: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment