image

Monday 6 July 2015

More photos from the Jos Bomb blast at Yan-taya Mosque


                                
A deadly bomb blast hit the Yan-Taya mosque in Jos yesterday. The blast happened as a sermon on the occasion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan was going on.

Another blast also occurred at Bauchi Road, a major thoroughfare in Jos that is also in an area where many Muslim families reside.

At least 15 people were killed and 20 others were injured in the attacks.

Read an eyewitness'  narration of the incidence.

                                          
Today (Sunday) started as a normal day, it was around 9:45pm I was just walking past the Izala mosque besides Yan Tayah junction, when I stopped to buy what would be my last cigarette When I heard a brust of multiple gunshots.  I had planned to quit smoking today and Infact since the Ramadan fasting began, I have been buying just a single stick thrice a day just to cut down on the number of cigarettes I smoke. 

As usual, I stopped at Babawo to buy my good night stick, when I heard the shooting. I immediately dropped to the floor and behold, I saw the gunman shooting directly at the Mosque on RAPID MODE. Then from the direction of GOOD NEWS Chruch, another Gunman started shooting at people running away from the scene.  I remained calm and pinned to the ground observing and watching, then all of a Sudden, a young man dash from the direction of the first gunman and head straight to the mosque and detonated his explosive.
                           
 Immediately after the blast, the echo of advancing youths chanting "Allahu Akbar" coming towards the scene of blast forced both gunmen to escape from the scene. While running away, unconfirmed report suggest they threw an hand grenade at a white garment Celebrum. Chruch, while another account said irate miscreants burnt the church. 
                             
However, at as 12:00am, 18 ppl are confirmed death. Both gunmen escape and the apparent target was Mallam Yahaya Sani Jingir the National President of IZALA sect.  If we could remember. After Boko Haram have killed Albani Zaria, Shekau have explicitly stated that the next target

No comments:

Post a Comment