image

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Boko Haram survivor now a graduate, share his touching story

        survivor
A survivor of the deadly Boko Haram attack, 26-year-old Abubakar Umar, who was shot in both arms in November 2014 in Kano during one of the terrorists attacks is now a graduate.

He graduated with a degree in Petroleum Chemistry at the ABTI-American University of Nigeria, Yola Adamawa state on Monday May 11th.

Read his touching speech blow:



“I think I should have died on that day, I could have died on that day. I lost so much blood, there wasn’t any medication. I just saw these people coming out of the bush. They were screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is greatest) and shooting at my car.
At first I stopped because some of them had military trousers and boots but then I noticed their headbands and what they were saying, so I realised they were insurgents. They shot me in my right arm. I continued (driving). I didn’t know where I was going. I just kept on driving. I thought I would reach a checkpoint and report the case. I never met any checkpoint.
I put mud and chicken dung on my head to look like a madman. I removed my shoes and put them in my pocket… (but) I didn’t see Boko Haram. But somehow I think the Lord kept me alive for a special reason and one of those reasons was to complete my degree. I’ve made it and I’ve graduated, so I’m very happy” he said as he awarded his certificate.
Such a heart warming story.

No comments:

Post a Comment