image

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Ahlaji Aliko Dangote says he's keen on buying Arsenal football club

Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote says he is still interested in buying one of English premier league football teams, Arsenal. In an interview he did with Bloomberg while traveling in a private jet from Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa to Lagos on May 1, Dangote said he'll love to buy the club when the price is right ...
"I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team. I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy.” he reportedly said
Dangote had signified interest in buying the football club in 2010 but the deal didn't come through as he and owners of the club couldn't come to an agreement. Arsenal Holdings Plc is valued at $1.49bn. Dangote is worth $15.7 billion, so he's capable!

No comments:

Post a Comment