image

Wednesday 18 March 2015

'I Make Between N50,000 And N100,000 On Each AK47 I Sold'

A suspected gun-runner, Andrew Moukwue, has revealed how much he makes from selling AK47 to people.
Moukwue, who is currently being quizzed by the Special  State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State Police Command, while denying allegation that he had sold over 200 Ak47 rifles as alleged by the police, stated that he used to sell AK47 to people, but not up to 200 as the police are saying.
The suspect added that: “I know that the business I do is illegal, but things are difficult and man must eat.

“I started the business many years ago, but I was working under someone, but when he died, I took over the business.
“I have a shop in Onitsha Main Market, Anambra State.  I just stayed in the shop and waited for customers.  I didn’t sell anything else. There is nothing in the shop, but I made phone contacts to solicit for clients.”
Speaking to Sunnesonline reporter on how and where he used to get the AK47 he sold to his client, Moukwue said: “I used to buy the guns from a customer in Ibadan, Oyo State for N300,000.
“I made between N50,000 and N100,000 on each sale.  I was selling to businessmen and people who have problem in their communities.  Many communities in Anambra are having issues so, I was selling to those who needed guns to defend their communities.
“I will not tell you lies, I have made money through the business.  I have built a house, I have two good cars and my children are in good schools.
“My wife is okay and looking good.  I don’t know why the devil came to distract me.”
On why he engaged in an illegal business when he had enough money to go into other legal businesses, the suspect stated: “I won’t tell you lies, I sold about 100 AK47.  Let the police say the truth.  I did not sell to armed robbers.
“ I feel so sorry if anyone has used the gun he bought from me to commit crime but I did not sell to them to do evil.  Let the government forgive me.”
One of Moukwue’s accomplices, Christopher Edwin, while explaining how he got into the business of gun trading, said: “My offence is that I assisted him in selling 14 AK47.  I knew the business is evil, but I must survive.
“I would collect N350,000 and sell for N400,0000.  I started the business lately, so I won’t say that I have made money or not.
“To be candid, I sold guns to businessmen and not to hoodlums.  I was the person who led the police to my master.  I also led the police to some of the places from where they recovered the guns.  I know that I have done evil against man and God, but I did not know the implication.  Please, let the police temper justice with mercy.”
The Commissioner of Police, Mr Kayode Aderanti, who paraded the suspects on Monday, March 17, 2015, at his office in Ikeja, said Moukwue was arrested in Onitsha based on follow-up of a case.
He added that upon interrogation, the suspect confessed to have sold over 200 Ak47 rifles smuggled from Mali to several criminals and militants in Anambra, Rivers, Bayelsa, Abia, Enugu and Lagos states.
Aderanti said: “He led SARS opertatives back to Onitsha where one Christopher Edwin was arrested and three Ak47 riffles were recovered from him.
“He further led SARS team to Rivers State where Peter Onyeale and Okpara Reginald were also allegedly arrested while four English pistols, two Barreta pistols and two Brownie pistols were also recovered”
This is coming after two callous men of God and General Overseers of two different churches were arrested by detectives attached to the Mon­itoring Unit of the Imo state police command.
The suspects, Clifford Nmenabu, of God Covenant of Christ the King Sabbath Missionary and Festus Daniel Igwe, the founder of Zion House of Prayer Sabbath Mission­ary were said to have allegedly procured five AK47 rifles for use during the forthcom­ing general elections.
According to the state commissioner of police, Abdulmajid Ali, the men were apprehended following a tip-off that they had acquired some firearms, The Sun reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment