image

Monday 15 December 2014

South African Medical student Rolene Strauss crowned Miss World 2014


Miss South Africa, 22-year-old medical student, Rolene Strauss, has been as crowned Miss World 2014 at the pageant's finale in London.




                               
"South Africa this is for you," medical student, Strauss said. "I think I will brace myself for what's about to happen. It's a huge responsibility."
She told AFP she wanted to help spread education in her homeland and thereby help other people realise their dreams.
"I am what I am today because of the opportunities I have received and I would love to give others the same opportunities; educating, the opportunity to be educated, to make healthy choices and also to live their dreams," Strauss said.
"I'll definitely keep it on as long as I can but my parents are staying around here so they'll be hugging me and I'm afraid that it might fall off," she said.

       

                                        
 Miss Hungary, Edina Kulcsar, was the runner-up and Miss United States, Elizabeth Safrit, came third in the 64th annual competition, contested by women from 121 countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment