image

Monday 1 December 2014

Sammy Okposo admits he was a womanizer

Gospel singer, Sammie Okposo, has admitted he was once a womaniser, in his early days as a singer.
While speaking during the weekend on Channels Television’s breakfast show, Sunrise, the “Wellu Wellu” crooner disclosed that he made so many mistakes that he regrets now.Sammy, who has been romantically linked with female celebrities like Kate Henshaw, Stella Damasus and more,  revealed that he lived a wild life in his early days despite being born into a christian home.


“I grew up in a Christian family, with my father as a notable figure in the Church, however, despite my religious upbringing, I lived a certain kind of wild life which was devoid of drinking but filled with so many other ungodly acts and “a lot” of womanizing. It got bad when I shared an apartment with other musicians and a lot of crazy things happened in the building  that negatively influenced me. If I had known so many things I know now, I wouldn’t have made so many mistakes”
He further gave credit to Pastor of the House on the Rock, Paul Adefarasin, for re-orientating him about Christianity, youth and fun.
Recall that in 2005, Sammy and Paul Adefarasin had issues...and reconciled after for years, in 2009.

Before things went bad between them, Sammie was the lead singer in the House on the Rock choir and enjoyed a great relationship with Pastor Paul until news started filtering in about Sammie's relationship with other female choir members. Sammie was excommunicated in 2005.
On Tuesday Sept 22, 2009, Sammy said "A heavy burden has been lifted off my shoulders and I am so happy now cos my spiritual father, Pastor Paul Adefarasin sent for me on Sunday Sept 20th 2009, after being away from House on the Rock for over four years. He welcomed me back with a loving hug, reconciled with me, blessed me and anointed me with me. It was a service filled with tears of joy and forgiveness. I thank you lord for your love, mercy and faithfulness"



No comments:

Post a Comment