Monday, 1 December 2014

Sambo - We Are Not Behind Boko Haram

Nigeria’s vice president, Namadi Sambo has come out and said that the Federal government does not support Boko Haram attacks on the nation. Sambo was reacting to last week’s deadly blast in Kano and said that the attack may have occurred to justify the government’s plan to extend emergency rule in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States.
READ ALSO – We Saw Hell In God’s House
The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar headed Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, had asked:“But must blood be spilled to justify the extension of State of Emergency?”.
“Why is it that any time, the ineffective State of Emergency is about to elapse and or an extension is being sought, attacks are carried out with sophistication?”.
Mr Sambo in his response said: “It is seriously disturbing to hear people spreading rumours that Federal government is behind what is happening, while in the real sense we are doing our best to tackle it”.
READ ALSO – Kano Blast: Gumi Reacts
Mr. Sambo asked how could the FG be behind Boko Haram when most of the security establishments are headed by northerners, from the Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki who is from Sokoto State, to Inspector General Abba Suleiman, who is from Jigawa State to Defense Minister who is from Zamfara State.
“Including myself Vice President from Kaduna State Zaria, so with all these high profile Security operatives in the government and other sensitive positions control by the Northerners they can never be party to these heinous acts been perpetrated by the terrorists,” the vice president said.“Security and politics should not be put together in this context, this business is more than what people think, rather they should be seen cooperating with the security in tackling this problems then politicizing it,” Mr. Sambo warned.
“In any case, like I said earlier, I don’t see all these top security echelon who hold highly placed and sensitive positions in the Security circle of this Government conniving with the Insurgents to kill their own people. Does it make sense?

Mr Sambo had traveled to Kano, three days after multiple bombs tore through Kano’s Central Mosque, killing more than 100 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment