A family at Jakande Estate, Mile 2 area of Lagos State lost three of their children to a fire outbreak in their apartment on Tuesday night.
According to residents, their mother had lit a candle, shortly after returning from a church service and then she locked the children in the room, went out to pick clothes she had washed and spread out to dry earlier in the day.
Few minutes later, the fire started and the three children identified as Darasimi Ilori (eight months old), Temiloluwa (7), and Daniel (10) who were asleep in the room, were burnt to death.
The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe said they were unable to save the children because his men were not alerted to the incident on time.
Details on Punch