image

Thursday 13 November 2014

Alaba Trader In Trouble For Killing Man (Graphic Photo)

A 26-year-old trader at the Alaba International Market, Ojo, Lagos, Lawrence Ikonne has been arrested by the Lagos state police for killing another man over the purchase of air-conditioner.Punch reports that Lawrence Ikonne had invited the victim,  22-year-old Yaya, from northern Nigeria over to his house at Ikonne’s residence on Afro Close, Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko, Lagos to buy a fairly used air conditioner when a fight reportedly ensued between the duo.
One thing led to the other and Lawrence Ikonne, from the Isiala-Ngwa South Local Government Area of Abia State hit the victim, Isa Yaya with a plank resulting in his death
Narrating what transpired, Lawrence Ikonne said:

“I had not met the young man before. I met him that morning at the Alaba market, and asked him to buy one of my appliances: an air conditioner. He actually looked like a cart pusher. When we got home, we both went in to remove the product, and we brought it outside for negotiation.
“As we continued, he said he would pay less than N5, 000. I replied that he should assist me to return it to where we took it from, but he refused. In the process, we started fighting. He even asked me to pay him for helping me bring it out. I was mad, and I hit his belly with a plank.
“When I realised he had fainted, I tied him with a rope and dragged him into a corner. I also fled the house.”
It was gathered that Ikonne was later arrested after one of his neighbour’s raised the alarm after seeing the corpse of the late Yaya where he was tied up.


No comments:

Post a Comment